- To suggest improvements and additions to existing facilities and features within the park
- To identify and reflect local needs in the provision and management of facilities within the park
- To suggest / advise on improvements in maintenance and the introduction of measures for security
- To organise fund raising events etc. in order to improve and make better known the parks facilities
- To help in the organisation and running of promotional events
Approved by the Council in May 1998 and amended by the AGM on 18th June 2008, our Consititution includes our formal objectives, eligibility for membership, organisation of the Committee (including holding an Annual General Meeting), and the control and support of the London Borough of Sutton (click to view constitution)
Is open to 'Households', and currently the fee is £3 per year.
(click to download membership form)
Chairmans Report 2015 - 2016 (click to view)
History of the Park
The 'Friends' thought it might be a good idea to include some history about Sutton Common Park on our website. This is a fairly light-hearted look at some of the recorded information, events, and memories of residents who live in the surrounding roads.
Local residents say:-
"It has always been there"
"It's so much part of everyday life that we look on the Park as ours, we walk through it, take children there to play, expect to hear (and sometimes object to) the noise of football".
The 1815 Sutton Parish Map showed the plot as 'Churchwardens and Overseers of Sutton Parish.
At one time, including in Council Minutes the park was known as 'Glebe' land.
To read more click here
Communications between FoSCP and LBS:
The Council's commitment to consult with 'Friends' groups was re-affirmed at a meeting on 6 October 2006.The Parks manager addresses the majority of our concerns and we have maintained contact with the Police and with local 'Ward Councillors.
How to contact us:
Friends of Sutton Common Park,
27 Hartland Way,
View our Privacy